What's new

Ricky Rubio or George Hill?

So, now that everyone thinks Gordon is a star your done developing anyone? We are just going to recycle some vet pg til Exum leaves? Then in 5 years Hayward will not get us to the promiseland then what? We get a young pg and let him finally develop?

Exum should get the next three years to develop and show of he is worth keeping. Besides being behind DeMarre Carol for a year good or bad Hayward started.

Sent from my SM-N920P using JazzFanz mobile app

So, now that everyone thinks Gordon is a star your done developing anyone? We are just going to recycle some vet pg til Exum leaves? Then in 5 years Hayward will not get us to the promiseland then what? We get a young pg and let him finally develop?

Exum should get the next three years to develop and show of he is worth keeping. Besides being behind DeMarre Carol for a year good or bad Hayward started.

So I wasn't much of a KOC fan, but you continue with this same tripe regardless of what circumstances we find ourselves in, which signifies to everyone that there really isn't any critical thinking going on. I don't know how many times you can be wrong until this starts to sink in.

So I wasn't much of a KOC fan, but you continue with this same tripe regardless of what circumstances we find ourselves in, which signifies to everyone that there really isn't any critical thinking going on. I don't know how many times you can be wrong until this starts to sink in.

If Hill walks what about Brandon Knight. He's miscast as a two guard but isn't a true pg. I think he could do well in our system and we could likely trade AB and Boris for him. He has 3 more years on his deal. He was productive as a starter in Milwaukee, but with the roster construction and them giving time to the young guys he has fallen out of favor.

He's in his physical prime... I liked him a few years ago but he's struggled in Phoenix.

In a forum racked with groupthink. I don't know how sticking to a narrative is lazy. Do you see me dogging random lesser players? That is lazy worrying about Shelving Mack who doesn't really have a role on this team. Now Gordon is for some reason the player we need to get us to the top of the mountain. I've been watching him and I'm not sold. That isn't lazy that is dedicated to what I see. If he leaves then I was right the whole time. If he stays we will see if he can get us to the WCF. I say he can't he isn't that type of player. We need someone else to pair with Gobert.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using JazzFanz mobile app

If Hill walks what about Brandon Knight. He's miscast as a two guard but isn't a true pg. I think he could do well in our system and we could likely trade AB and Boris for him. He has 3 more years on his deal. He was productive as a starter in Milwaukee, but with the roster construction and them giving time to the young guys he has fallen out of favor.

He's in his physical prime... I liked him a few years ago but he's struggled in Phoenix.

That is also an option. I like Knight. And With Bledsoe & Ulis and the fact Phoenix has a pick sandwiched around talented PGs there's a chance they'd move him. His contract isn't bad, either.

If Rubio is coming we should get also Korver and Rodney must overachieve himself next year. Then Rubio makes sense. Or maybe draft Kennard and again Rodney should overachieve himself.

Sounds like Jazz will definitely try and keep Hill but they are going to be smart about it and not pay him a crazy amount:

"George is obviously a good fit," Lindsey said. "We want to let him rest and recover, and then we want to have open and honest conversations. George is a terrific player and a terrific guy. He's one of my pride and joys. If he gets a crazy offer somewhere else, we won't have one poor thought about him. There's also a very good chance we're each other's best option come July."

https://www.espn.com/blog/nba/rumor...-central-retention-key-to-utahs-summer-agenda

Sounds like Jazz will definitely try and keep Hill but they are going to be smart about it and not pay him a crazy amount:

https://www.espn.com/blog/nba/rumor...-central-retention-key-to-utahs-summer-agenda

This is good news. One thing I love about DL is that whatever happens with Gordon he is going to get on the radio that day or the next and make me feel like he has a plan. He might actually have one, too. I am glad that they aren't going to go crazy with a Hill signing. I like that he emphasized how injured Hill is. Way to negotiate a little bit, Dennis.

I love Rubio. Give me the younger, better Rubio for less money every damn day.

Is he a good shooter? No. Is he a bad shooter? Maybe not! We're gonna look at some stats...small sample size, but worth it I think.

Zach LaVine has been a negative for Rubio. He just messes with his game, mainly bc LaVine is a dumb player, but also bc he takes Rubio's spots.

So, Rubio post LaVine shot a little under 42% from the field (not good) but also about 36% from 3 (good!). Averaged 16/10/5 btw. Is it possible as Rubio hits his prime his shooting has improved? I think so. But he's so much closer more than shooting. He's an offensive savant. The guy flat out makes his team better. Incredible passer, incredibly smart player, so even with poor shooting he's a positive offensive player. If he improves his shooting? Top 10 PG easily. Plus look at how he leads fast breaks!! We need that.

Defensively he's better than Hill. Perhaps not as versatile, but better overall. He's just a better player than Hill overall.

Now I can see why some would think this is a waste of an asset we used a 1st to acquire. Look, as long as we keep Hayward then it was a worthy trade. Flat out if we don't have Hill this year, we lose Hayward. That's my argument at least.

Anyways, I love Rubio. He's a stud.

From a month ago.

David Locke hinted at the Jazz possibly going after Rubio. I think I would prefer this route better. Rubio is a true PG and the Jazz struggle with their assist rate. He's also younger which align's more with where the core of the team is at.

Mods can you add a poll?

Why am I so smart?

Also, why did the Mods never add a poll? #fail

I think they would. With how DM has proven that he can be the primary scorer during his rookie season we are only a few pieces away from being dominate in the west. When Gorbert gets healthy again and we move a few pieces to get a reliable stretch four and a reliable offensive option off the bench then Rubio's shooting struggles are covered up. Give this team 2 years to gell more, switch a few things up and continue developing DM and Rudys offence and the Jazz trade for Ricky every time its offered.

His creativity, defense, and leadership are why the Jazz picked him up. They are going to have Rubio mentor Exum being that there play style is very similar.