What's new

Site feedback/suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unlike posts. Touch screen+big hands=accidentally tapping the wrong spot(insert inappropriate joke here).

Is there an option to start a thread that would display posts in reverse order(newest post first)? A community calendar would be cool but really would work best in reverse order.

Is there an option to start a thread that would display posts in reverse order(newest post first)? A community calendar would be cool but really would work best in reverse order.

'splain why? Calendar of games? eh?

'splain why? Calendar of games? eh?

Could be but also just events around these parts. If someone knows of something fun or interesting coming up(concert,rodeo,exhibit,etc) they could post it in the calendar. Then if you're lookin for somethin to do you could check the "calendar" for suggestions.

Is there an option to start a thread that would display posts in reverse order(newest post first)?

I think you can choose this in your settings. It might be called threaded view or something like that. But I'm pretty sure that there are preferences that you can set that determine how posts are displayed.

Right on. It could be perty cool if people use it. I hate reading a thread that something fun happened and I missed it.

Went ahead and loaded the schedule as well. If anything, it will now show the day's game on the main page near where birthdays usually appear. Thanks for the quick suggestion.

Admin,

Are there any rules against plagiarism here on the board? Please advise.

Admin,

If there was, Carolinajazz would have been banned a decade ago. I don't think he's ever posted an original thought. It's all unattributed copy/paste from his Bible/Conspiracy theory websites.

If there was, Carolinajazz would have been banned a decade ago. I don't think he's ever posted an original thought. It's all unattributed copy/paste from his Bible/Conspiracy theory websites.
To be fair, you can't say "all." He usually tacks some sort of a non-sequiter conclusion onto the end of his piece of plagiarism in an apparent attempt to make it look like he wrote the whole thing. Also, every once in a while he offers a short rant of his own composition.

Admin,

Hmm, interesting question. I seem to recall one time many years ago that we felt it necessary to give a warning for something plagiarized, but I don't remember the details on that and I can't think of anything along those lines recently. But I certainly strongly encourage people to post links/attributions whenever they are quoting someone else.

Hmm, interesting question. I seem to recall one time many years ago that we felt it necessary to give a warning for something plagiarized, but I don't remember the details on that and I can't think of anything along those lines recently. But I certainly strongly encourage people to post links/attributions whenever they are quoting someone else.

Encourage to the point of warning or infracting? It seems to me that a message board that is so concerned with keeping foul language and mature subjects off the the main sections would also be interested in keeping the free flow of original thought. I mean, what are we if we are not our words? I appreciate the response Headstapo but I'd also like a response from Admin.

Encourage to the point of warning or infracting? It seems to me that a message board that is so concerned with keeping foul language and mature subjects off the the main sections would also be interested in keeping the free flow of original thought. I mean, what are we if we are not our words?

Like I said, I can only recall one time that we warned or infracted someone for that, and I don't recall the details. If you see posts which are problematic in this way feel free to report and we'll have a discussion amongst mods about what's the appropriate thing to do.

I appreciate the response Headstapo but I'd also like a response from Admin.

I thought I was admin here... but if you mean Jason, feel free to PM him to make sure he sees your question.

Encourage to the point of warning or infracting? It seems to me that a message board that is so concerned with keeping foul language and mature subjects off the the main sections would also be interested in keeping the free flow of original thought. I mean, what are we if we are not our words? I appreciate the response Headstapo but I'd also like a response from Admin.

Admin = Jason @ Colton

Modstapo = Kicky, Nate, Moe, Revo9, Bronco, One Love, Spazz and myself.

Like I said, I can only recall one time that we warned or infracted someone for that, and I don't recall the details. If you see posts which are problematic in this way feel free to report and we'll have a discussion amongst mods about what's the appropriate thing to do.

I thought I was admin here... but if you mean Jason, feel free to PM him to make sure he sees your question.

This.

Ok, so you'd think I would double check my title spelling before posting a new thread, but apparently, I'm dumb.

Why I no can edit title? Or is there a way, but I'm also editorially challenged in addition to cant spell good?

Ok, so you'd think I would double check my title spelling before posting a new thread, but apparently, I'm dumb.

Why I no can edit title? Or is there a way, but I'm also editorially challenged in addition to cant spell good?
I'll change it for you, which thread are you referring to?

Status
Not open for further replies.