What's new

Will The Jazz Make Any Significant Trades?

Do The Jazz Make a Significant Trade?

• Total voters
So there was some dude named dropping Dimes on Twitter dropping truth bombs and he just got suspended. Supposedly some big **** is going down
I followed and turned on notifications but then the account got deleted - was there anything after his last post about something big going down shortly?

So there was some dude named dropping Dimes on Twitter dropping truth bombs and he just got suspended. Supposedly some big **** is going down
Said:
KAT likely moved
Harden wants out in Philly, PHX/LAC teams he mentioned
Dame is 50/50 on staying or leaving
Something is going to happen with Kyrie in the next day or so

Im sure they would, but I think it would be a mistake. DA should prioritize any other position besides center. Leave Kessler as the starter and find a star wing or guard to go with Lauri & company.
While I would love Embiid we’d still be a primary ball handler / scorer away from competing… and if we had one of those we might be competing with Kessler anyways.

I don't think we trade for a star this offseason, but I think we will trade for a point guard (not Dame).

Last edited:
I love Kessler but you 100% move him for Embiid. He and Jokic are just head and shoulders better than any bigs we've seen the past decade. The Spurs have Wemby now too.

You can figure out the rest of the roster with Embiid/Lauri.

With that said I'd be shocked if Philly moves the reigning MVP.

I don't think we trade for a star this offseason. I think we trade for a point guard at some point before the season starts.
Typically, I would agree with you. . . I feel like DA has things set up to go after a star this trade deadline or next offseason - however, the new CBA has thrown a wrench into this offseason and there’s a lot of unpredictability about what directions teams are going to go in. If DA gets an opportunity to make a big move for a reduced price (like trading for John Collins) I’m sure he’s going to pursue it.

Typically, I would agree with you. . . I feel like DA has things set up to go after a star this trade deadline or next offseason - however, the new CBA has thrown a wrench into this offseason and there’s a lot of unpredictability about what directions teams are going to go in. If DA gets an opportunity to make a big move for a reduced price (like trading for John Collins) I’m sure he’s going to pursue it.

Oh, I completely agree. Ainge and Zanik are going to trade for a star at some point, I just don't think it happens this offseason... but if the opportunity presents itself, I'm sure they won't be afraid to pull the trigger.

Im sure they would, but I think it would be a mistake. DA should prioritize any other position besides center. Leave Kessler as the starter and find a star wing or guard to go with Lauri & company.

How likely is it Kessler can become as good as Embiid?

How likely is it Kessler can become as good as Embiid?
Probably pretty unlikely. But how likely is it that we compete with Lauri/Embiid after we gut our asset base to acquire the latter?

Embiid has been paired with a variety of stars in Philly and they haven't been able to get it done in the playoffs.